After updating my 1&1 environment from PHP 5.4 to 5.6 this morning, I decided to check for WordPress plugin & theme updates tonight. I had a few plugin updates, plus a surprise theme update. The base theme for this site is Stargazer, from Justin Tadlock. There hasn’t been an update to it for a while. (Which is fine; it’s quite stable and I haven’t had any problems with it.) But I see he released version 2.0 recently, so I went ahead and updated it. As far as I can tell, nothing is broken. Theme updates can sometimes be tricky, especially if you’re updating the base theme for a child theme that you’ve hacked together yourself. But everything looks OK, so far.
I’m way too tired to look into what’s been changed in Stargazer 2.0, but hopefully I can check on that at some point. I haven’t done anything at all with this site’s theme lately, so maybe it’s time to mess around with it a bit!