Project Euler and various distractions

Since I started messing with Project Euler again yesterday, I’ve finished up my work on problem 73, and almost started problem 74. I got as far as creating an Evernote note to keep track of my work on it, but that’s about it. Instead, I did a bunch of messing around with my existing code and poking around on the internet to see what’s going on with Euler these days.

I discovered that one of my favorite resources for Euler info,, has disappeared from the internet. I’m not sure what happened to it, but it’s unfortunate. I can still find it via, which I appreciate. The posts there helped me understand what was going on with the problems, and included C# code solving the problem. I always try to figure out the problems on my own, but it’s nice to see how other people solve them and see if I can figure out what’s going on with the more advanced solutions.

And I found another interesting blog with Euler discussions and solutions. His posts are really good, with a lot of detail, C++ source code, and links to other resources.

Meanwhile, I got interested in experimenting with GitHub Codespaces, to see if I could edit and run my code right from GitHub. The first issue I hit is that my current project was using .NET 4.8, which is pretty old. I was surprised by that, but then remembered that I’d last done any real work on it in 2015, so I guess that makes sense. After a fair bit of mucking around, I got it moved to .NET 6, pushed it back to GitHub, and tried again. Long story short, it still doesn’t work in Codespaces. I could probably get it working, eventually, but I’ve got better stuff to do right now. So that pretty much killed the available time I had today to mess around with Project Euler.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.