I’ve been shredding old credit card receipts and stuff like that tonight. While I wait for my overheated shredder to cool down a bit, I thought I’d write up a blog post with some of the stuff I found.
Interesting things found in 10+ years worth of credit card receipts:
– I shop at Best Buy and Borders a lot!
– I paid $259 for a Microsoft Office upgrade back in 1993. (That’s a little more than what I just paid for the Office 2007 upgrade.)
– Gas used to cost $1.39 a gallon!
– My Kenwood receiver is ten years old.
– I paid $94 for a 14.4 bps modem at the Egghead in Green Brook in March 1995.
– I paid $50 for a copy of OS/2 in 1994. Purchased at the Short Hills Mall, no less.
Memories brought back by looking through old receipts:
– Dinner at Next Door Nobu with Paul and Rob a few years back.
– Disneyland after Ankur’s wedding.
– Hitting Epcot and Pleasure Island with Rob during a Great Plains conference in Orlando.
– Many large hotel bills from San Diego!
– A hotel bill from a Best Western in Troy NY from 1995. I’m pretty sure this is from when I took my brother Patrick up to RPI for student orientation.
– I found a bunch of bills from San Francisco, May 1995, iincluding one from Lefty O’Doul’s. These are probably from the trip I went on with my Mom and Dad to go see my brother Mike graduate from law school. I think that was the last time we ever took a vacation together.
– I moved into my current apartment on 3/19/94. I had to put down a $200 deposit on the truck we rented to get me from Rahway to Somerville.